Best Book For The Penetration Testing Methodology

From: Julias P (pjuliasat_private)
Date: Tue Sep 17 2002 - 10:27:30 PDT

    Hi,

    I am looking for any advise on the best book to go for, in order for one to
    better understand and practically apply the methodology for penetration
    testing.  I have read a couple of books on security/vulnerability assessment
    but I feel one need a little bit more than just security/vulnerability
    assessment in order to master penetration testing. I have also been
    following this listing for quite some time and now believe access to
    exploits is an added advantage for pen testing, especially if you are not a
    programmer, although this may be too dangerous. Which best sites for
    exploits would you recommend?

    Thanks

    PJ

    DISCLAIMER: The information contained in this communication is confidential
    and may be legally privileged or otherwise protected from disclosure. It is
    intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom it
    addressed. if you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified
    that any disclosure, copying, distribution or taking action in reliance of
    the contents of this information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.
    Commercial Bank of Zimbabwe Limited is neither liable for the complete
    transmission of the information contained in this communication, any delay
    in its receipt or damage that may be suffered by the unintended recipient.

    This list is provided by the SecurityFocus Security Intelligence Alert (SIA)
    Service. For more information on SecurityFocus' SIA service which
    automatically alerts you to the latest security vulnerabilities please see:
    https://alerts.securityfocus.com/