Re: Covert Channels

From: Roland Postle (mailat_private)
Date: Thu Oct 17 2002 - 07:18:10 PDT

    On 17 Oct 2002 08:19:40 +0200, MA wrote:
    >By the way, ISO-15408 defines AVA_CCA.3 "Exhaustive cover channel
    >analysis". AFAIK, this is science fiction. Does anybody have a silver
    >bullet?

    3 metres of freshair? Which reminds me of 'active Tempest-based
    trojans/viruses' where the attacker causes a system's
    motherboard/monitor/etc to give of radio waves which can be picked up
    with a radio reciever or possibly another, nearby compromised system
    (that last bit may be science fiction, but far from impossible). So
    maybe the silver bullet should include some decent emissions shielding
    too. Technically, you still haven't 'exhaustively analysed' but you can
    be fairly sure,

    - Blazde