ColdFusion Heap Overflow -continued

From: Gary O'leary-Steele (garyo@sec-1.com)
Date: Fri Nov 15 2002 - 09:26:50 PST

    Hi all,

    I am attempting to write exploit code for the coldfusion heap overflow
    (still).

    On advice from various on the secfocus list i have installed softice and
    located the exception handler in question.

    The handler code starts at

    0x77f82b95

    The code I am trying to manipulate is at

    0x77f8e43b	Mov ecx, [ebp+0x18]
    0x77f8e43e	call ecx

    where ebp changes each time the exception is called

    I can control the following values within the following instruction,

    mov    [ecx] ,  eax

    where ecx and eax can be any value I specify. The problem (or my lack of
    understanding) is that the stack frame is set-up when the exception is
    handled and i can't seem to write to [ebp+0x18] due to the fact it changes
    etc (stop me if i'm wrong)

    attempting to overwrite the instruction (sorry if this is a basic can't do)
    with mov [ecx],eax where ecx = 0x77f8e43b and eax =0x41414141 doesn't seem
    to do anything ?

    Any help or pointers are greatly appreciated.

    Thanks in advance.

    Kind Regards
    Gary
    Sec-1