Re: Cisco UBR920 cable router - SNMP to change telnet passwords?

From: Mathias Wegner (mwegnerat_private)
Date: Tue Nov 26 2002 - 20:05:56 PST

    >   ... does anyone know how to exploit SNMP read-write access to change or
    > retrieve the usernames/passwords protecting the telnet access?  I have SNMP
    > read-write access on the Cisco UBR920 cable router, so I could DoS it, but
    > I'm looking for further access.

    download the MIBs from cisco, then read man snmpset?

    It depends on the device whether or not the passwords are settable via SNMP.
    In the case of the Cisco MIBs that I have for reference (mostly IOS 11-13
    for 7xxx series hardware), I don't see it, but it's not a complete set of
    MIBs and I haven't looked carefully.

    mathias

    This list is provided by the SecurityFocus Security Intelligence Alert (SIA)
    Service. For more information on SecurityFocus' SIA service which
    automatically alerts you to the latest security vulnerabilities please see:
    https://alerts.securityfocus.com/