RE: Re-opening an old thread: NetWare-Enterprise-Web-Server/5.1 - -As sistence requested.

From: Dawes, Rogan (ZA - Johannesburg) (rdawesat_private)
Date: Wed Dec 18 2002 - 23:32:34 PST

    I remember finding this on a netware server that I was auditing.
    Essentially, it is a path mapping that executes the rest of the line as a
    perl filename.

    E.g. /perl/mycgi.pl actually executes "perl -- ${root}/mycgi.pl".
     And /perl/dir/mycgi.pl executes "perl -- ${root}/dir/mycgi.pl"

    I'm guessing about the "--", but that is what I'd do. It would also explain
    why the rest of your options "-h", etc failed.

    One thing you could try, which I've just noticed in the perlrun manpage:

    Try POSTing your program to the following URL
    /perl/-

    Might be equivalent to:

    0 $ echo 'print "hello world\n";' | perl -- -
    hello world
    0 $

    You would obviously have to think about encoding your program to pass HTTP
    %-encoding rules, and substitute spaces with +, etc. There were some nice
    suggestions on this list a while back as to how to write a perl program
    without any spaces in it - I've not got time to search for it though :-)

    Good luck. Let us know if it works.

    Rogan

    P.S. One thing you may want to do is print a blank line before any other
    output. Otherwise you may be writing headers, rather than body.