RE: XSS LAB DEMO IDEAS

From: Jeremy Junginger (jjat_private)
Date: Wed Jan 08 2003 - 09:09:01 PST

    Thanks for the ideas, guys.  I'm running into a bit of technical
    trouble, though.  Perhaps you could shed some light?

    I now have a "victim" web server set up that I can test XSS on, and I
    have also set up an "attacker" web server that basically sits there and
    eats cookies via CGI, storing them to a local directory.  The next
    question may seem very rudimentary, but can you just write those to your
    user's "cookie" folder and "hijack" their session to the web site?  I
    know I'm missing something ::scratching my head::

    -Jeremy

    This list is provided by the SecurityFocus Security Intelligence Alert (SIA)
    Service. For more information on SecurityFocus' SIA service which
    automatically alerts you to the latest security vulnerabilities please see:
    https://alerts.securityfocus.com/