MS Terminal Services open to the world

From: Ralph Los (RLosat_private)
Date: Fri Jan 10 2003 - 07:09:28 PST

    Hello all,

    	I've got a pretty good client of mine who absolutely refuses to heed
    my warnings about keeping Terminal Services open to the world.  They rely on
    Windows passwords and figure that's strong enough for all their servers
    (management).  Now I'm given the task of auditing their
    security/infrastructure and would like to come up some creative ways to back
    up my point about MS TS open to the Internet being a bad idea.

    Any thoughts or input is appreciated.

    Ralph

    This list is provided by the SecurityFocus Security Intelligence Alert (SIA)
    Service. For more information on SecurityFocus' SIA service which
    automatically alerts you to the latest security vulnerabilities please see:
    https://alerts.securityfocus.com/