Re: Routes that are susceptible to SNMP

From: Iñigo González Ponce (IGONZALEZat_private)
Date: Wed Feb 05 2003 - 04:54:15 PST

    "public" and "private" are out-of-the-box default community strings
    for read and read-write access almost any network equipment.

    Get the private MIB for the Ascend MAX (now Lucent), and look at what you can
    get ;-).

    With the read-write comminity you can get, alter, wipe, the router config,
    you can reboot it, create users, modify the routing table, etc...

    I don't remeber if the MAX-1600 has tunneling capabilies.... if so, you
    can create a tunnel to your own machine and...

    Hope this helps,

    	-- Iñigo

    --
    Iñigo González Ponce <igonzalez .at .exocert .dot. com>