Re: dsniff-like tool?

From: Volker Tanger (volker.tangerat_private)
Date: Wed Feb 12 2003 - 01:03:56 PST

    Greetings!

    Andrew Stewart wrote:
    > Does anyone know of a tool with credential sniffing capabilities similar
    > to dsniff? (But that isn't dsniff ;-)
    >
    > I've played with Ethereal but I'd like to try and find a tool with
    > focused password/credential snarfing ability.

    http://phenoelit.de/phoss/

    "PHoss is a sniffer designed to find HTTP, FTP, LDAP, Telnet, IMAP4 and
    POP3 logins on the wire. It also sniffs the VNC challange/response
    handshake."
    Especially in non-switchd networks quite an eye-opener. Lists nicely
    protocol, name and password for each appropriate packet coming along.

    Personal experience with Phenoelit: some of them tried to social
    engineer into our CeBit network few years ago (out of sportsmanship I
    figure) but ended up getting social engineered themselves as they handed
    me their real, private "business card". But I guess they got better in
    that by now...  (Greetings!)  ;-)

    Bye

    Volker Tanger
    IT-Security Consulting

    --

    discon gmbh
    Wrangelstraße 100

    Telefon  (030) 6104-3307
    Telefax  (030) 6104-3461

    volker.tangerat_private
    http://www.discon.de/

    This list is provided by the SecurityFocus Security Intelligence Alert (SIA)
    Service. For more information on SecurityFocus' SIA service which
    automatically alerts you to the latest security vulnerabilities please see:
    https://alerts.securityfocus.com/