Re: Citrix ClearPassword (launch.ica)

From: miguel.dilajat_private
Date: Tue Feb 25 2003 - 02:15:22 PST

    Hello wirepair

    In http://www.dabcc.com/nfuse/Docs/ica_file_explained.htm you've this:

    Password=
    Specifies the password for the user account. This is an optional field.
    The password, if used, must be encrypted. To enter an encrypted password
    into the ICA file, use the Citrix ICA Client Remote Application Manager
    New Entry Wizard to create a remote application entry. When you are
    prompted for the username and password, enter the password that you want
    to use in the ICA file. Finish the New Entry wizard. Open the file
    APPSRV.INI in the Windows directory and locate the entry you just created.
    Copy the password value and paste it into your ICA file.

    ClearPassword=
    Specifies the clear text (unencrypted) password for the user account. This
    is an optional field. To use a clear text password, the Password field
    must be set to a null value (for example: Password=).

    From this information, it seems that the string 'D4239AF390DB09' isn't a hash, but the password itself (sounds strange, isn't it? But
    worth trying...).
    I haven't found info on the encryption algorithm used, but, alas, I didn't
    search too much ;-)
    Cheers,
    Miguel
    aka Nekromancer