Re: Distributed Vulnerability Scanners

From: Alex Zimin (alexat_private)
Date: Thu Mar 06 2003 - 15:14:28 PST

    http://www.inprotect.com

    Working on web interface for Nessus, which will be able to distribute load
    between several Nessus servers. Still work in progress...

    Alex.

    > Hi
    > I'm looking for vulnerability scanners that will do their business
    > remotely, especially useful for distributed networks with low bandwidth
    > or managed services.
    >
    > Does anyone know of any more, I would suggest that this excludes web
    > based scanners like shieldsup etc as they don't resolve the bandwidth
    > issue, was the problem with shieldsup (demonstrated at BlackHat Europe
    > 2001) ever resolved whereby you could use it to scan anyone you wished??
    >
    > Anyway the list when completed will appear here, though it's not on the
    > site navigation yet.
    > http://www.networkintrusion.co.uk/dist.htm

    Are your vulnerability scans producing just another report?
    Manage the entire remediation process with StillSecure VAM's
    Vulnerability Repair Workflow.
    Download a free 15-day trial:
    http://www2.stillsecure.com/download/sf_vuln_list.html