Demo of WebDAV exploit with Trojan installation

From: Brian Serra (brianserraat_private)
Date: Wed Apr 23 2003 - 20:04:18 PDT

    All,
    I have a demonstration seminar coming up shortly and have run into some
    problems with getting a Trojan (backdoor, rat) to run after I exploit WebDAV
    on a W2k IIS 5.0 sp3 system. The webDAV exploit works fine and I get a
    remote command prompt. I then tftp the Trojan up to the IIS system and
    execute it. It seems I may not have sufficient permission to run the Trojan
    and have it open a listening port. The Trojan will execute and show in the
    task manager, but the port will not open. If I execute the Trojan locally it
    opens the port fine.  This works the same with y3k and beast Trojans.

    Any ideas? Do I need to escalate privilege first? If so, any recommendations
    on what to use.

    Thanks!!

    Brian Serra - CISSP
    Senior Technical Security Consultant
    Vulnerability Assessment and Penetration Testing
    847-763-2304 Direct
    630-926-4055 Mobile
    bserraat_private

    Forsythe Solutions
    7440 North Long Avenue, Skokie, IL 60077

    Building cost-effective IT infrastructure that organizations trust.

    Attend Black Hat Briefings & Training Europe, May 12-15 in Amsterdam, the
    world's premier event for IT and network security experts.  The two-day
    Training features 6 hand-on courses on May 12-13 taught by professionals.
    The two-day Briefings on May 14-15 features 24 top speakers with no vendor
    sales pitches.  Deadline for the best rates is April 25.  Register today to
    ensure your place.  http://www.securityfocus.com/BlackHat-pen-test