RE: Network Mapping/Discovery

From: Dan Perez (danperezat_private)
Date: Fri May 30 2003 - 15:33:56 PDT

3Com's free version of their Network Supervisor will do this to the extent
that there is any intelligence built in to the intermediary switches. If
they are dumb hubs or switches, than all the downstream nodes will appear as
if they are immediately plugged into their nearest upstream smart switch.

Hope this helps,

Dan