Nessus from Virtuozzo server

From: Todd A. Jacobs (tjacobs-keyword-ptest01.f946dfat_private)
Date: Fri Jun 06 2003 - 23:00:15 PDT

    I was curious to find out if anyone else has tried running Nessus from a
    virtual server--specifically Virtuozzo? I'm having only intermittent
    success. Nessus doesn't support setting the source IP directly, and for
    some reason keeps generating packets with a source IP of 127.0.0.1.

    I brought this up on the Nessus list, but haven't had any joy. I can't be
    the only person in the universe who's tried to run Nessus from one of
    these virtual boxes, so I'm hoping *someone* can tell me that it's been
    successfully done.

    If not, recommendations for a virtual hosting provider that fully supports
    the operation of security scanners would be most welcome.

    --
    The DMCA is anti-consumer. The RIAA has no right to rewrite copyright
    laws to suit themselves.