Re: Controling Segment Contents in TCP Stream

From: Crist J. Clark (crist.clarkat_private)
Date: Fri Jun 13 2003 - 12:16:03 PDT

    On Fri, Jun 13, 2003 at 09:25:38AM +0200, Bernd Jendrissek wrote:
    > In article <20030611175204.GA55615at_private> "Crist J. Clark" <crist.clarkat_private> wrote:
    > >I am looking for a simple tool that I can use to control how TCP data
    > >is split up among segments. I can't seem to figure out how to coax
    > >Netcat into doing this.
    >
    > Type: U S E R <space> ^D
    >
    > The ^D causes netcat's read(2) to return the characters it already has.
    >
    > You might also try stty -icanon for character-by-character reading in
    > netcat.

    That's strange. Now netcat is doing that for me. I could have sworn
    when I tried that before that I would get a little,

    Symbol on my terminal and netcat actually sent the \004
    character. Maybe my terminal settings were mucking with things.

    Thanks for making me look again. I should have known netcat could do
    what I want.
    --
    Crist J. Clark                     |     cjclarkat_private
    http://people.freebsd.org/~cjc/    |     cjcat_private