RE: pen testing management and control system

From: Ronen Gottlib (ronenat_private)
Date: Fri Jun 27 2003 - 16:27:38 PDT

    Thank  you for your help and answers guys and thousands of apologies.

    I guess I was rather incomplete in describing the network that I am
    testing.

    According to the network's administrator, there is no firewall ( not
    even a Personal one) or IDS that are filtering the traffic towards my
    target.

    It was approved that the application that is filtering my connections to
    the seemed to be open ports, is the management and control application
    (I have a rough guess that it's some kind of IBM's Tivoli app.).

    I can port scan the target, but I cant run any scanner to build a rough
    image of security status of the system.

    I am getting my hands dirty for the last week, but with no avail.

    Does anyone has any idea about methods to bypass management apps (maybe
    I need to try and DoS it)?

    Thanks again,
    Ronen.