Administrivia

From: Alfred Huger (ahat_private)
Date: Mon Jul 07 2003 - 10:50:40 PDT

    Heya all,

    Recently someone posted a question regarding a product (CORE Impact) to
    the list. These types of posts always make me leery because this industry,
    being what it is, rarely has anything nice to say about anything. Being a
    product vendor myself I am particularly aware of how ugly people can be.
    Often, if not always, when these come out the competitors to the product
    generate email addresses elsewhere and have their way. Or the vendor
    itself does the same thing and pumps their product.

    The list has 13,000 + people on it. Many of them decision makers so I need
    to be fairly careful about this. So here are the ground rules moving
    forward:

    1.	If you want to post about a product  positive or negative you
    cannot do so from a Huhsmail or other such account.

    2.	If you plan to post use your real name  or do not post.

    3.	Be polite  period.

    4.	Do not use this as a forum to take shots at your competitor or I
    will see you and your company banned from every list we have here (except
    Bugtraq).

    Thanks,
    -al

    Alfred Huger
    Symantec Corp.

    The Lightning Console aggregates IDS events, correlates them with
    vulnerability info, reduces false positives with the click of a button, anddistributes this information to hundreds of users.

    Visit Tenable Network Security at http://www.tenablesecurity.com to learn
    more.