Re: Encrypted Password script - easy to defeat

From: noconflic (nocon@texas-shooters.com)
Date: Wed Jul 09 2003 - 13:52:40 PDT

    [nocon@texas-shooters.com] Tue, Jul 08, 2003 at 10:08:59AM -0500 wrote:

    >    Here is one I coded in C. It handles numbers 0-9 as well as a-z
    > I may add special chars later on, but i dunno. Notes are at the top
    > of code.
    >
    >      http://nocon.darkflame.net/code/jscript-decode.c

     All,

        If anyone was having problems, I updated it with a fixed version.

     * jscript-decode.c
     *
     *  Update: 07/09/2003
     *  THIS IS THE UPDATED FIXED VESION
     *  ============================================================================
     *  The original was not very accurate (among other things). Had to randomize
     *  the array for better results. The first time you run this and it does not
     *  get you the decoded hash, run the app agian etc.., untill the decoded charaters
     *  are printed. I was going to automate it but spent too much time on it
     *  already. The permutation code has been comented out. If you want it to
     *  spit out all the permutations then uncomment it. Agian, i could make this
     *  user friendly, but i need a break from this thing :). I may in the
     *  future. :)
     *

    - nocon
      http://nocon.darkflame.net

    The Lightning Console aggregates IDS events, correlates them with
    vulnerability info, reduces false positives with the click of a button, anddistributes this information to hundreds of users.

    Visit Tenable Network Security at http://www.tenablesecurity.com to learn
    more.