RE: AkamaiGHost

From: Robert Auger (raugerat_private)
Date: Thu Jul 10 2003 - 10:42:26 PDT

    Akamai is a company that provides caching of content for its clients. You
    pay them to cache your site, and then they distribute machines
    to ISPs that serve up content locally to isp customers. This requires less
    bandwidth to be spent on the actual machine. In exchange isp's get to use
    the server to cache their own content (from my understanding) and save
    bandwidth in exchange for electricity. I believe they run a modified
    redhat/apache system.

    - Robert