Re: Know such a web's server tool?

From: Mark Wolfgang (moonpieat_private)
Date: Thu Jul 17 2003 - 13:25:06 PDT

    NetViewX is another tool is is very helpful in locating Windows
    systems.  It works on the same concept as below, using netbios name
    registrations.  URL is here:

    http://www.ibt.ku.dk/jesper/NetViewX/default.htm

    -Mark

    On Thu, Jul 17, 2003 at 10:01:45AM -0700 or thereabouts, Deus, Attonbitus wrote:
    > At 04:40 AM 7/17/2003, MARTIN M. Bénoni wrote:
    > >Hi list!
    > >
    > >I am currently writing an application which will allow to find out all
    > >(well the maximum of them! :) ) the servers on a network. Here is how it
    > >works:
    > >1- I feed it with a list of targets (command-line or file): CIDR subnets,
    > >hostnames, IP address(es),..
    >
    > Though a bit different, this may help you as well-  I wrote a tool called
    > TSEnum, originally for the purpose of finding "rouge" terminal server
    > installations on a network.  I guess I should rename it, as it enumerates
    > ALL servers (and workstations) in a network, and enumerates all the server
    > services running on them.
    >
    > Note this is only for MS domain structures.  Basically, when a domain
    > member comes on line, it registers itself with the Master Browser.  This
    > tool will query the master browse list and return all the boxes and server
    > types in the list.  All you have to do is be able to establish a netbios
    > session with any box on the domain; note that a null session will work as
    > well :).
    >
    > You do not have to hit the mb itself; any box will do, as the request will
    > be proxied to the browse master for you.  So, basically, with a single
    > command line, you can enumerate all server and workstation names, and all
    > the server services and role (like BDC/Member Server, Terminal Services,
    > SQL, RAS etc)  in the entire domain, a do so with a null session.  It is
    > actually pretty powerful, and I have had really good results with it.
    >
    > Available at http://www.hammerofgod.com/download.htm.  The tool is free-
    > however, we do accept donations of vodka and rock music to facility
    > research and development.
    >
    > hth

    > Your network Firewall and IDS products do not prevent Web application
    > exploits - the most common form of online attack - resulting in Web
    > defacement, data theft, sabotage and fraud.
    >
    > KaVaDo is the first and only company that provides a complete and an
    > integrated suite of Web application security products, allowing you to
    > assess your entire environment, automatically set positive security
    > policies and maintain it without compromising business performance.
    >
    > For more information on KaVaDo and to download a FREE white paper on Web
    > applications - security policy automation, please visit:
    > http://www.kavado.com/ad.htm

    Risk accepted by one is imposed on all
    http://moonpie.org

    KaVaDo is the first and only company that provides a complete and an
    integrated suite of Web application security products, allowing you to:
     - assess your entire Web environment with a Scanner,
     - automatically set positive security policies for real-time protection,
       and
     - maintain such policies at the Application Firewall without compromising busines performance.