Re: exploits, good exploits

From: daveat_private
Date: Mon Jul 21 2003 - 19:41:12 PDT

    Well, CANVAS has only one 0day exploit currently: It
    has a really nice remote in RealServer. I think having
    good 0day remotes is the only way to really test how an
    organization will react to a real intrusion. What's the
    point in testing your response systems if your reaction
    team can just search on GOOGLE to find out everything
    they need to know? So some new vulnerabilities do go
    into CANVAS - the IIS MediaServer bug was in CANVAS
    before it came out, for example.

    In addition, certain bugs that have been relesed, such
    as the Microsoft RPC bug that just came out, or the IIS
    WebDav bug, get put into CANVAS long before the
    exploits become public. Even though the RPC bug is not
    "0day" - as they say, "It's 0day to you." If you're
    trying to convince your CIO to invest in patches or
    HIDS, or migration to Linux, you can use CANVAS to do
    so TODAY, and not wait for LSD to release their POC
    code. And you can do it with a command prompt on the
    mail server, which many CIOs find very convincing,
    instead of waiting for the inevitable Microsoft worm to
    disable your entire network.

    Immunity also offers, for larger companies, a service
    where you can learn about other research Immunity has
    done, or is currently working on. This is as close to
    an "0day" service as anything in the market. A lot of
    this research is driven from Immunity's SPIKE protocol
    analysis suite (GPLed).

    More information on the Immunity Vulnerability Sharing
    Club, Immunity CANVAS product, and SPIKE are available
    from  http://www.immunitysec.com/.

    Thanks,
    Dave Aitel
    CEO
    Immunity, Inc.
    "It's 0day to you." :>

    >canvas has some 0day exploits and i think it is worth
    a buy,
    >but another good product is core impact.
    >they made a good product full of reliable exploits,
    for the
    >latest bugs in major daemons. it's not very cheap, but
    worthy
    >for that what u might searching for.
    >
    >cheers,
    >frank

    <pen-testat_private>
    >Sent: Monday, July 21, 2003 8:18 PM
    >Subject: Re: exploits, good exploits
    >

    >> Im thinking that your looking for exploits to be
    delivered to you before
    >> they are delivered to anyone else??? Dont you think
    we all want that same
    >> thing??
    >>
    >> Hackers, script kiddies and the like all subscribe
    to lists as well..They
    >> have exploits delivered to them as soon as there out
    in the wild..Get in
    >> line

    or somthing, where is
    >> > posible to buy subscription for good (0day or
    somehting) exploits.
    >> > How i can find in free resources (SecuriTeam,
    pulhas, security focus and
    >> > others) it's only not very useful exploits (i
    don't speak about WebDav
    >and
    >> > MSSQLudp exploits).
    >> >
    >> > Only one way to get good exloits it's to trade in
    hackers IRC chanells?