@stake tool announcements: NetScan / MobilePenTester / PDAZap

From: Ollie Whitehouse (ollieat_private)
Date: Thu Jul 31 2003 - 04:40:45 PDT

    All,

    Being shown at Defcon 2003 by Paul Clip of @stake
    Being shown at CCC 2003 by Ollie Whitehouse of @stake

    Please find below details of a number of tools I released yesterday on
    www.@stake.com. All of these are for the SonyEricsson P800 platform (Symbian
    based GSM/GPRS PDA/Cellphone). I was going to coin a phrase like CellDriving
    or something, but I will leave that as an exercise for the press and/or
    someone else who wants kudos for such a 'genre' of security issues.

    The purpose of these tools is to allow security consultants such as myself
    and/or operators to assess their own networks from the perspective of a
    cellular telephone. The purpose of PDAZap is for anyone conducting incident
    response and/or research in the field of embedded PDA/Cellphone devices.

    Anyway the tools:

    [Pentesting Tools]
          Tool:   NetScan
       Version:   1.0
     Platforms:   SonyEricsson P800 (Symbian)
           MD5:   480604F6664877A9345670B74DFA8B88
        Author:   Ollie Whitehouse
          Desc:   @stake NetScan is a very small TCP and UDP port scanner
                  for the SonyEricsson P800 platform. NetScan uses AppForge
                  libraries, requiring AppForge Booster for the P800 to be
                  installed.

          Tool:   MobilePenTester
       Version:   1.0
     Platforms:   SonyEricsson P800 (Symbian)
           MD5:   0B4641C6D238050D059D54FFD8539FEF
        Author:   Ollie Whitehouse
                  @stake MobilePenTester is a small application that when placed
                  on a P800 will allow you to perform remote assessments over a
                  GPRS (2.5g) and/or GSM (2.0g) CSD data connection. The
                  utilities contained within MobilePenTester are:

                  o PDACat (Netcat like functionality for a PDA)
                  o URLScan (common URL scanner)
                  o ULookup (used to look up the numeric codes of the URL)
                  o NetScan (portscanner - UDP and TCP)
                  o WAPScan (a port of @stake wapscan to P800)

    [Forensics / Research Tools]
          Tool:   PDAZap
       Version:   1.0
     Platforms:   SonyEricsson P800 (Symbian)
           MD5:   CB6B90D52C321B92A72E743800B28B89
        Author:   Ollie Whitehouse
                  PDAZap is a small application that when placed on a P800 will
                  allow you to image the device's flash to a Sony Memory Stick
                  Duo. This scan be used by forensic investigators and/or
                  security researchers alike.

    Rgds

    Ollie
    ---