RE: OSSTM Training/Certification

From: Pete Herzog (peteat_private)
Date: Fri Aug 01 2003 - 04:49:31 PDT

    Hi,

    OPSA is only two years old and the release intended for the U.S. at Black
    Hat was a 12 hour condensed version of the 60 hour course which assumed a
    high degree of technical knowledge (being Black Hat).  The normal version of
    the course is at least 5 days.  Do you think that could have been the
    problem?

    Another point is the value of a get-the-certificate class versus an actual
    hands-on training class. I invite you to read up on this at
    http://www.isecom.org/certification.htm.  ISECOM has absolutely no intention
    of providing a training course which is only to get a certificate.  Our
    training courses are designed to mimic and optimize a mentoring program one
    would have if working with an experienced colleague who trains you to get up
    to speed.  That said, I hope you will find information which is taught but
    not on the exam as added value.

    Sincerely,
    -pete.

    Managing Director of ISECOM