DoS'ing production DB's

From: Alfred Huger (ahat_private)
Date: Wed Aug 06 2003 - 10:05:58 PDT

    Heya all,

    I am wondering what the prevailing attitude is with customers in relation
    to scanning production systems in particular database servers. I know from
    my former life in the scanner world that customers typically reacted with
    pure horror at the thought of a database server going down during a
    pen-test or scan. Being a customer on this issue now I can better
    understand their concerns. Anyone care to share their take on this and
    whether your customers share these concerns?

    Alfred Huger
    Symantec Corp.