TOORCON 2003 CALL FOR PAPERS CLOSING

From: h1kari (h1kariat_private)
Date: Fri Aug 08 2003 - 01:24:33 PDT

    TOORCON 2003 CALL FOR PAPERS CLOSING

    The Toorcon call for papers will be closing next week on Thursday, August
    14th. This year is looking to definitely be one of our best years yet.
    Celebrating our 5 year anniversary, we will be offering multiple tracks over
    both days and will be covering both our usual 0-day underground topics as
    well as corporate issues and bridging the gap between today's information
    security concerns and the new technologies being developed.

    On a side note, we will be providing hosted bar at our annual Saturday night
    party hosted by AlphaFight and free redbull during the conference.
    Pre-registration will be closing in a month, so pre-register now and save
    $15 off the door price! More details below.

    CALL FOR PAPERS

    Either way, if you are interested in presenting on any new topics or
    technologies and haven't already submitted a talk to us, please do so before
    the cutoff date. CFP information is available on our website at
    http://www.toorcon.org.

    PRELIMINARY LINEUP

    To anyone that's interested, here is a current preliminary list of talks
    that you can expect to see at ToorCon this year:

    Keynote - Robert X. Cringely
    (Author of Accidental Empires and Host of Triumph of the Nerds)

    Simple Nomad, NMRC - NMRC Happenings

    Richard Thieme, Thiemeworks

    Cory Doctorow, EFF

    Last Stage of Delirium (Winners of the Argus Pitbull Challenge)

    FtR, Phenoelit - More Embedded Systems

    Dan Kaminsky, Doxpara Research

    Seth Hardy - /dev/erandom: the inner workings of a provably secure PRNG

    Anton Rager, Avaya

    Abaddon, Airjack Project

    Bruce Potter, The Shmoo Group - Bluetooth Service Discovery

    cyb0rg, Ghettohackers - Introduction to SCADA Systems on IP Networks

    Jay Doscher - Securing Wireless Networks through Automated Triangulation

    Jaya Baloo - Quantum Crypto (with demonstration)

    Dennis W. Mattison - Implementing and Running Wireless Honeynets for Fun

    Petty Larceny - Protesting Patriot: Private systems, encryption and
    everything you don't want uncle sam to know

    Keith Hoerling & Mark Wilkerson - Luna Part Deux: Project Luna & The Luna
    Correspondence Protocol

    Lance Hayden, Cisco - HIPAA: What You Need to Know About Compliance in 75
    Minutes

    Lance James, InvisibleNet - CFR21 Part 11 Data Security

    Michael Grosch, CATCH Team - SB1386: What You Need to Know

    Chris Franklin, Acadine Inc. - Insuring Healthcare Messaging and
    Architecture Security

    We will be accepting a few more talks, but they must be submitted before
    August 14th, so please send them in ASAP!

    LOCATION INFORMATION

    We are changing the venue of ToorCon this year to the Manchester Grand Hyatt
    San Diego. We will be adding Seminars to this Year's event and they will be
    able to accommodate us much better. This move is just a couple of blocks
    south of the old location. All events will be held at Manchester Grand Hyatt
    on One Market Place San Diego, CA. The seminars will start Friday morning on
    September 26 and the reception will be later that evening. The conference
    will be on Saturday and Sunday of that weekend. Seminars will be an
    additional cost to the normal conference admission. Details on the Seminars
    will come shortly.

    Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego
    One Market Place
    San Diego, CA 92101 USA
    http://manchestergrand.hyatt.com/property/index.jhtml
    +1 619 232 1234

    PRE-REGISTRATION

    Registration for ToorCon is only $50 online or $65 at the door, which gives
    you an official ToorCon badge, a T-shirt, and entitles you access to all
    three days of the event including the reception. You can either register
    right now online, at the Reception on Friday, or at the Manchester Grand
    Hyatt San Diego on Saturday or Sunday. Benefits of pre-registering include:

    - $15 discount
    - Admission to all events
    - Express Registration at the Con
    - Free Official ToorCon 2K3 T-Shirt

    SPONSORSHIP

    Toorcon brings together many companies and major decision makers in the
    Southern California industries that are interested in the growing security
    concerns of the new millennium. If your company is interested in sponsoring
    Toorcon, please email sponsorat_private for detailed sponsorship
    information.

    IMPORTANT DATES

    August 14th, 2003: Call for Papers closes.
    August 28th, 2003: Final submission of complete material for CDs and
    printing
    September 12th, 2003: Pre-registration closes
    September 26-28th, 2003: ToorCon 2003

    I look forward to seeing you all there!
    -h1kari

    --
    h1kari <h1kariat_private>
    Chairman, ToorCon Information Security Conference 2003