Re: Misc Plug-in Issues

From: Renaud Deraison (deraisonat_private)
Date: Thu Sep 27 2001 - 09:12:54 PDT

    On Thu, Sep 27, 2001 at 09:50:05AM -0600, Brad Caldwell wrote:
    > I have a procedural question.
    >
    > I have noticed a number of small miscellaneous problems with the scripts.
    > What is the preferred method to fix these problems?  Should we contact the
    > author of the script directly, submit the problems to Renaud or fix the
    > scripts and submit them to Renaud?

    If you want to make my life easier, fix the problem and send me a
    contextual diff (diff -c). In the past, various people diligently made a
    list of things to fix (english-wise), but it would consume a lot of time
    to read the description, find where the problem is in the plugin, then
    fix it.

    If you send me a contextual diff, then I just have to read it
    syntaxically-speaking (to make sure you don't insert quotes in the
    description or whatever), and I can apply it easily, in no time.

    				-- Renaud