Re: Allaire JRUN Cross Site Scripting Check

From: Noam Rathaus (noamrat_private)
Date: Tue Nov 13 2001 - 22:20:01 PST

    Hi,

    There is no problem :}
    That is why we post them.

    Thanks
    Noam Rathaus
    http://www.SecurITeam.com
    http://www.BeyondSecurity.com

    ----- Original Message -----
    From: "sq" <sqat_private>
    To: <plugins-writersat_private>
    Sent: Wednesday, November 14, 2001 00:39
    Subject: Allaire JRUN Cross Site Scripting Check

    > Attached is a quick hack up SecuriTeam's 40x Cross Site Scripting NASL
    (without their permission, I hope they're okay with that for a NASL-newbie).
    This one specifically checks for the Allaire JRUN CSS problem (the scripts
    require a .jsp, .shtml or .thtml extension tacked on to the end of the request).

    > It is working in my tests, but I'm wondering if there's a better way to handle
    the three requests (.jsp, .shtml and .thtml) in some sort of loop (or even just
    adding it easily to the original SecuriTeam NASL)?  In my testing I found that
    one may work and one may not (I assume it depends on the config options of JRUN,
    but I don't have access to admin the systems), so all three should be tested to
    be sure.