Re: smb_sid2user.nasl

From: Pavel Kankovsky (peakat_private)
Date: Wed Dec 19 2001 - 17:40:54 PST

    On Wed, 19 Dec 2001, Renaud Deraison wrote:

    > Do you use the version included in Nessus 1.0.x or 1.1.x ? Georges
    > Dagousset noted a problem which would make this plugin slow, and this
    > has been fixed.

    I am playing with a CVS version pulled from the 1.0 branch on
    November 1. It appears to be almost identical to the current head
    revision. You are right...this version is rather fast (assuming
    you give it the SID in the right form, it took me quite a while to
    figure out it does not expect "S-1-..." but "DOMAIN : 1-...", doh).

    Anyway, there a related script that is too slow and too likely to be
    killed before discovered problems are reported: smb_login_as_users.nasl.

    --Pavel Kankovsky aka Peak  [ Boycott Microsoft--http://www.vcnet.com/bms ]
    "Resistance is futile. Open your source code and prepare for assimilation."