Re: Gnutella detection

From: Michel Arboi (arboiat_private)
Date: Wed May 01 2002 - 02:20:52 PDT

    "John Lampe" <j_lampeat_private> writes:

    > So, it seems that sending "GNUTELLA CONNECT/0.4\n\n" to port 6346
    > should elicit a "GNUTELLA OK" response.

    yes, that's what the documentation on the Gnutella protocol says. But
    I was lazy :)

    For some unknown reason, gtk-gnutella or Morpheus sometimes drop the
    connection without sending the "GNUTELLA OK" although they answered to
    a GET HTTP request.

    So I now use both methods: Gnutella connection + banner.
    Here it is: