Re: JetDirect password disclosure

From: Javier Fernandez-Sanguino (jfernandezat_private)
Date: Wed Mar 05 2003 - 00:52:28 PST

    Geoff Humes wrote:
    > This snmp object .1.3.6.1.4.1.11.2.3.9.1.1.13.0 is for the embedded web
    > server (ews) password - I've written a plugin for our internal use that
    > I've included here.  I know it's not the cleanest, but it works.

    Yep. Works also here:
    $ sudo nasl -t XXXXX snmp_hpJetDirectEWS.nasl
    There is no password assigned.

    > First, it checks for a few web pages - one that _is_ available on the
    > new version of ews (always responds no password - false positive), and
    > then for the root page to make sure that the ews is enabled and is the
    > old version (read:vulnerable).

    (...)

    It would be nice if you added this (from Reanud's):
    community = get_kb_item("SNMP/community");
    if(!community)community = "internal";

    Instead of always using internal. Also Reanud's script provides more
    tidbits of information (but no URLs, which I did include in the Bug
    Report) which would be great there.

    Javi