Re: A quick (?) port scanner

From: Michel Arboi (mikhailat_private)
Date: Fri Apr 25 2003 - 01:43:50 PDT

    Nicolas Gregoire <ngregoireat_private> writes:

    > You should perhaps add the TCP ports used by SAP R/3 (3200, 3300,
    > 3600).

    I only put ports that are used as default in Nessus plugins, in fact.
    Currently,  Renaud does not like this scanner much, for very good
    reasons in fact (we should rather use pre-defined lists of ports for
    other scanners, we already have too many of them)

    > By the way, how could we add a SAP R/3 login checker to Nessus, given
    > the fact that the API used (nammed RFC for Remote Functions Calls) is
    > proprietary and licensed. Reverse-engineering from packet capture ?

    Two ways: 1. Reverse-engineering. 2. or link Nessus with the API if it
    is available (configure can do that) and add a couple of NASL
    functions.
    Solution (1) is the best one to do it, but it can be painful.
    (2) is simpler, but it would lead to a tool that would be able to scan
    many softwares... Provided you have the licence.
    Definitely not great, but maybe an interesting temporary feature?
    I thought of this solution for databases.