Re: Plugin 11000 - default FTP passwords for HP's MPE/xx?

From: H D Moore (hdmat_private)
Date: Wed Jun 04 2003 - 02:40:45 PDT

    The plugin only tests for "usernames" with blank passwords, the
    SUPPORT.FIELD (role.account) format is a valid FTP username under MPE/iX.
    If you modify the plugin to try common passwords as well, be aware that
    some installations lock out after 3 attempts. The lock-out issue is the
    reason we only test for blank passwords, a particular credit union
    software vendor configures the host processor systems this way.

    That default account list looks wrong. The "username" is really a
    combination of role and account, which is what that list is showing in
    the password field. In my limited experience owning these things, I have
    yet to be able to login to any service with anything less than both the
    role and the account. There are various "FIELD" roles, but they are
    usually coupled with an account. There are however default role/accounts
    pairs whose password is commonly "FIELD". Maybe the fields just got
    reversed?  The op.sys and mgr.sys are two of the primary administration
    role/account pairs.

    (Any MPE/iX veterans feel free to step in and give better information to
    the contrary).

    -HD