[Plugins-writers] file operation functioning in NASL scripting environment?

From: ??? (zionman@private)
Date: Wed Dec 03 2003 - 05:01:05 PST

    The encodings of emulated data from netbios_name_get and smb_sid2user
    seems not the same catagory. netbios_name_get use plain text encoding,
    but smb_sis2user uses UNICODE.
    In the getusername function in smb_sid2user.nasl, it simply truncate the
    high byte of emulated data,
    that's right for simply ASCII code data, but truncates some useful data
    for CJKS system, ( and maybe other windows locale system)
    for the traditional chinese native windows, which always need to
    translate UNICODE to BIG5 encoding by table searching.
    My opinion is that, is there any file operation functions (open/fget and
    so on.) in NASL scripting environment? If not, how can I add this
    functionalities? Pls. do not tell me to write C plugin. I'd like to just
    add some lines intra the current nasl script file, not to rewrite whole.
    Thx.