[Plugins-writers] Nessus plugins

From: Kostya Odnoralov (kostya@private)
Date: Mon Feb 02 2004 - 08:29:20 PST

    Hello!

    I have serveral question about nessus plugins.

    1) nusses-update-plugings doesnt work under freebsd. I've downloaded
    plugings archive from site, unpacked them and placed in to
    /usr/local/lib/nessus/plugins. Is it right way?

    2) There are only 1983 plugins... covering 1299 unique CVE ids and 1453
    unique Bugtraq IDs. I'm wondering is there any another plugings
    supplier? I don't think those cover enough amount of known
    vulnerabilties. Maybe i can find another plugin collection?

    Thanks.

    P.S. Is there any security scanner, except Nessus (respect) and Nikto
    under *nix platform?

    --
    Best regards,
     Kostya                          mailto:kostya@private