Re: [Plugins-writers] Re: Nessus not scanning

From: Renaud Deraison (deraison@private)
Date: Sat Feb 07 2004 - 08:40:06 PST

    On Fri, Feb 06, 2004 at 04:19:59PM -0600, Stuart Powell wrote:
    > Hello, Richard.
    >
    > Care to explain how one would be able to do what you said below ?  SuSE
    > have put out a patch for nmap, but it still doesn't work.  I need to
    > have this working for Monday, and would appreciate some pointers.

    a) Complain loudly to SuSE for putting out broken kernels
    b) Edit libnasl/nasl/nasl_packet_forgery.c :

    In the function nasl_send_packet(), around the following piece of code :

     if ( sz < sizeof(struct ip) )
          {
           nasl_perror(lexic, "send_packet(): packet is too short!\n");
           continue;
          }

          sip = (struct ip *)ip;

    Add :

         sip->ip_sum = 0;

    Then recompile libnasl, install it, and restart nessusd. It *MAY* fix
    the problem.