Re: [Plugins-writers] mssql_blank_password.nasl and mssql_brute_force.nasl

From: H D Moore (hdm@private)
Date: Wed Feb 25 2004 - 17:37:15 PST

    I consider these two separate vulnerabilities. The reason is that blank
    passwords are normally the result of a default configuration or insecure
    application install (many apps bundle a wide-open MSDE service), where a
    common or weak account password is a admin/developer training issue.

    Maybe move the login routines into a mssql_funcs.inc and have each plugin
    include it? Combining them into one plugin would work, provided the
    report differentiates between blank and weak passwords.