loose source routing

From: not important (cissper@private)
Date: Mon Mar 01 2004 - 16:11:35 PST

    Hi folks

    can anybody explain me how I can reproduce loose
    source routing?

    My nessus scan reports that the destination host
    accepted loose source routed packets. However, I do
    believe those packets were only dropped by the
    fireall.
    I think this plug-in is not working correctly, can
    anybody give me some advise?

    nessus message:
    The remote host accepts loose source routed IP
    packets.
    The feature was designed for testing purpose.
    An attacker may use it to circumvent poorly designed
    IP filtering
    and exploit another flaw. However, it is not dangerous
    by itself.

    Solution : drop source routed packets on this host or
    on other ingress
    routers or firewalls.

    Risk factor : Low

    http://au.movies.yahoo.com