[Plugins-writers] Amendment to ssh_detect.nasl

From: David Lodge (dave@private)
Date: Thu Mar 04 2004 - 08:46:45 PST

    I've been meaning to correct this script for ages!

    F-Secure SSH 3.2.0 (and probably all commercial ssh versions) has a habit of
    showing configuration errors in the SSH banner, so instead of the usual
    SSH-2.0-3.2.0 F-SECURE SSH

    If you have configuration issues in your sshd.conf file you'll get:
    sshd2[123] WARNING: Problem with configuration file
    SSH-2.0-3.2.0 F-SECURE SSH

    Attached is an amendment to ssh_detect.nasl that will cope with WARNING lines
    and will also produce an extra warning if it finds these.

    This still isn't perfect and you will get a few superfluous warnings from
    plugins 11154 and 10330 (find_service.nes) - but I haven't had a chance to look
    at this code yet.

    See attached.

    dave