RE: [Plugins-writers] False positive for 10965: ssh_AllowedAuthen tications.nasl?

From: Crow, Owen (Owen_Crow@private)
Date: Fri Mar 19 2004 - 14:46:35 PST

    Upon further investigation, it turns out the SSH daemon involved is from
    Sun.  It is the version that comes stock with Solaris 9.

    I have started a correspondence with their tech support to see if they will
    be incrementing the version string in some way to indicate they have patched
    for known vulnerabilities like OpenSSH does.  I'm not expecting much since
    their first answer was that version scanning for vulnerabilities was "lazy"
    and they won't change the version string lest they break compatibility with
    something or other.

    Since the vulnerability in question is specific to OpenSSH (I assume based
    on the version numbers), would it be appropriate for the plugin to recognize
    this as Sun's SSH daemon and not issue an alert?  I don't know how to verify
    this vulnerability against Sun's daemon without a CVE or advisory to
    cross-reference.

    Regards,
    Owen