Re: [Plugins-writers] recv_line From ssh?

From: Michel Arboi (mikhail@private)
Date: Wed Apr 07 2004 - 02:04:52 PDT

    Jack Polimer <packetjack@private> writes:

    > A relatively simple default password check.

    OK. Something like "check that root password is not root"?

    > Right, but is there some way to tie ssh into NASL so
    > that ssh is initiating the connection?

    There is no way to call an external program. I plan to implement this
    into "trusted scripts". However, SSH is a complex program and could be
    vulnerable to "reverse exploits". So this is dangerous.

    Maybe I should a couple of "jail" arguments to the pread() function,
    like "chroot", or "uid" and "gid".
    However, pread is not enough for your problem: we need to tie a
    process to a Nessus connection.

    >> Apart from implementing the SSH protocol in NASL,
    >> no.

    > Is that possible?

    Yes. The good question is; is this easy?
    http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/secsh-charter.html

    You'll probably need a couple of helper C functions, as implementing
    some cryptographic algorithm in NASL would be a pain in the back.

    I have much work currently. If you can wait until Easter, I may have
    more time to finish the implementation of "trusted scripts".
    (I also have to split find_service into small parts, so I do not
    garantee that I'll have time)