[Plugins-writers] UDP Scan Plugin

From: ETBlomquist@private
Date: Tue Jun 15 2004 - 12:33:54 PDT

    Hello,

    My goal is to create a plugin that accurately identifies an open UDP port
    on a remote node.  My first question is, is that even reasonable?

    I've been reading the guides on NASL and am fairly confident in my script,
    but am unsure of the functions in regard to UDP.  Here's what I've been
    testing, but it always displays "Port 2967 is open." whether it's really
    open or not.

    soc=open_sock_udp(2967);

    if(soc) {

       state=get_udp_port_state(soc);

       if(state) {

             display("Port 2967 is open.\n");

       } else {

             display("Port 2967 is not open.\n");

       }

       close(soc);

    } else {

       display("The socket didn't open.\n");

    }

    This is my first look at NASL and plugins, in case you couldn't tell.  So
    any help is appreciated.

    Thanks,

    Ethan