Re: [Plugins-writers] Wireless AP detection plugin maintenance

From: John Lampe (jwlampe@private)
Date: Thu Aug 12 2004 - 08:40:37 PDT

Ewout wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> Being new to Nessus and on a mission to detect WAP's via the wire I was
> happy to find plenty of references on the net to the documentation
> written by Renaud Deraison and Ron Gula[1].
>
> After a nessus-update-plugins I was suprised to see that the plugin
> plugin #11026 was written last year and seems not to be updated since.
>
> My question is weather I am wrong or if there is any organized effort to
> update the signatures in this plugin to reflect the fast number of
> different AP out there.
>
> Cheers,
> Ewout
>
> [1] http://www.tenablesecurity.com/white_papers/wap-id-*nessus*.pdf

The plugin has been updated within last few months.  If you have any new
sigs, they would be greatly appreciated ;-)

But, to answer your question, most of the updates are done manually by
Tenable Network Security.  So, there is no public organization amongst
Nessus developers or otherwise...did you have something in mind?

John Lampe