[Plugins-writers] Plugin 12106 (NAV Check) doesn't work for SAVCE 9

From: Scott Sibert (ppcxws@private)
Date: Thu Oct 21 2004 - 08:01:10 PDT

Hello everyone.

Plugin 12106 (Norton Anvi Virus Check) does not correctly note if
later versions of the Corporate Edition are running.

It does correctly look for either NAVNT or SAVCE in
SOFTWARE\Symantec\InstalledApps

For SAVCE 8.0 the registry key in
HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services is indeed Norton AntiVirus
Server
The DisplayName (for the client) is Symantec AntiVirus Client

For SAVCE 8.1 the registry key is Norton AntiVirus Server and the
DisplayName is Symantec AntiVirus Client.

For SAVCE 9.0 the registry key is Symantec AntiVirus and the
DisplayName is Symantec AntiVirus.  This is for both Client and
Server.

This plugin needs to be changed to look for both locations.  I don't
know nasl.  Would someone be interested in fixing this too?  And once
again if anyone has questions please let me know.

--Scott