RE: [Plugins-writers] Unsynchronised clock detection

From: Dennis Jackson (Dennis.Jackson@private)
Date: Thu Oct 21 2004 - 14:19:03 PDT

At 10:02 +0100 16/10/2004, Martin O'Neal wrote:

> I haven't seen this one in the archives yet; do you want me to rework
> the script at all, for example separating them out?
>
> Martin...

I thought the conclusion was to split it into the different tests.

Experience shows that Nat (or firewalls or load balancers) can
distribute different services across multiple machines. Although
the different services are accessed at a common IP address they
are actually on different boxes.

I use clock drift to identify different physical systems on a
common address.

Therefore, all the tests need to be run (and all the results
reported).

This implies splitting the script into its different components.

Dennis.