Re: [Plugins-writers] Dynamic Descriptions in Plugins

From: Erik Stephens (erik@private)
Date: Sun Dec 19 2004 - 14:39:32 PST

On Dec 19, 2004, at 5:53 AM, Renaud Deraison wrote:

> Ideally, I'd rather have an 'extra' field to security_XXX().
>
> ie:
> 	security_note(port:port, extra:"The remote host is running " + ver);

That would be great!  To concur with Michael Scheidell, it would be
even better if there was some way to specify where the dynamic text
would get plumbed in.  However, if that is not worth the complication,
then I'd be very satisfied with how you've described the interface.

Regarding the plugin(s) that I currently have issue with, should I
submit a patch using George's method until the security_xxx() methods
support this interface?

Best regards,
Erik Stephens                                   www.edgeos.com
                      Managed Vulnerability Assessment Services