[Plugins-writers] Binary matching

From: MadHat (madhat@private)
Date: Thu Jan 27 2005 - 08:47:25 PST

I am working on a check for a windows box.  I am using credentials and
using the smb_file_funcs.inc to fetch the file.  I want to match on a
specific binary pattern in the file, but I can't seem to get it to
match.  I am able to verify I am getting the file.  I also know I am
getting enough of the file, as if it does not match I am adding the
"string" version of the file to the warning. So I can see what I am
looking for.

Is there an example of matching binary data at an arbitrary point some
where?  I have been trying with regex with no luck.

Thanks