[Plugins-writers] NASL Coding Tutorial

From: skill2die4@private
Date: Fri Jan 28 2005 - 14:09:00 PST

Dear Plugin-Writers :

I have seen many people using nessus, but only a few coding their own
plugins.( however not true for members of this list )

So, I thought to write a tutorial from beginner's perspective on how to
code plugins for nessus. I started with a simple example of fingerprinting
plugin, later i will talk about info gathering and keep on increasing the
complexity of code as i move further with the tutorial.

The whole process has been initiated to help nessus community to
understand NASL and Nessus architecture in a better way. It will help the
reader in deciphering already written plugins, tweak them to their needs
and write their own.

I am posting a link to tutorial in this mailing list, in order to get more
ideas from people who actively code plugins.

http://www.secguru.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=121

TIA,

-=skillz=-