[Plugins-writers] non-authenticated script

From: Andrea Vitali (andrea.vitali@private)
Date: Thu Mar 17 2005 - 01:28:11 PST

Hi,
   I'm learning nasl scripting, and I would like to make a simple script
that allow me to use nessus to execute an external program on the same
machine nessusd is. I wrote a very simple script to try this possibility:

if(description) {....}
res = pread(cmd: "/bin/ls", argv: makelist("/bin/ls", "-l",
"/home/andrea/"));
display(res);
security_note(res);

If I run this simple script with nessus, looking at
/var/nessus/logs/nessus.dump I find this string:

"A non-authenticated script attempted to use an authenticated function -
returning NULL"

and the same launching "nasl thisscript.nasl", while launching "nasl -X
thisscript.nasl" it produce the expected result.

Can someone help me? (or address me to where I can find an help)

Excuse me for my english.