RE: [Plugins-writers] Nmap.nasl

From: Herman Young (herman@private)
Date: Tue Jun 14 2005 - 03:16:54 PDT

Thank you for the response,

I did not play with the timing options (-T) as that would influence other
settings as well (parallel scanning, time between scans and host timeouts).
I agree that adding more nmap preferences are probaly not the most elegant
way of adressing this issue. (What if the next release has even more or less
settings ?)

I would suggest having one, generic input box where the user can enter their
nmap parameters (Example: -n -P0 --min_parallelism 100 --max_scan_delay 0)
If the user does not enter additional parameters, default ones are assigned
(Example: -n -P0)

What do you think?

Regards,

Herman