Re: [Plugins-writers] Missing CVE IDs

From: Renaud Deraison (deraison@private)
Date: Wed Jul 06 2005 - 06:57:19 PDT

On Jul 4, 2005, at 12:59, RPM Security wrote:

> I definitely believe this is an excersize worth doing. I have a
> customers that classify and track everything by CVE/BID/OSVDB etc. I
> for one also provide active links in custom reports to other databases
> of information that use the numbers. i.e directly to ICAT, security
> focus and OSVDB.

Just for the record, every(*) new Nessus plugin is indexed on the
Security Focus database (BID). This practice has been going on for
the last two years.

At the moment, any other reference than a BID is considered as an extra.

                                  -- Renaud

(*) This does not include local security checks nor service detection
plugins